The Spring Church is an open air space for community gathering and public art. A beloved neighborhood landmark, the church and its adjacent garden are located on Spring Avenue between Washington Boulevard and Grandel Square—an easy walk from the museum. Ramp access is located on Grandel Square.
Built in 1884, the Gothic-revival style church served four congregations until 2001, when a fire left the structure in disrepair. The Pulitzer preserved the roofless church, creating a safe and welcoming space for neighbors and visitors.